Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Telecine in Australia

  1. #1
    Inactive Member playlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2003
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    Does anyone know of a lab in Australia that can transfer super8 to DV, and do it well? I need some stuff done to broadcast level for a doco I'm editing up.

    Thanks,
    Will

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Big Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Will,

    There is a company in Melbourne called Film Plus. Located in Windsor just off Chaper Street. Telephone: (03) 9510 4640. This company processes only Ektachrome 7240 and Tri-X stock. They do provide a telecine service when you have your film processed. It's placed onto DVD though, great for when it comes time to edit. It's best to give them a call though as they can answer all your questions.

    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Scotness's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2002
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Will - you might want to also try Video 8 Broadcast in Artarmon in Sydney - that's where I got In My Image telecined - this is on a Rank Cintel - which is the best telecine you can get - and as I understand they are the only ones with a Super 8 head for a Rank Cintel in the country -- but I might be wrong - check what Film Plus use -- also I think you're better off going to miniDV rather than a DVD - because I think DVD's will have more compression on the image. To see some examples of the telecine I got go to http://www.mango-a-gogo.com/inmyimage/photos.htm

    Scot

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scot--

    RANK is great but it far from best. I use RANK for my stuff only because I can't afford the Spirit II transfer--Which is the best at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •